Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Reflection Blog Introduction


    

 Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) Evil Laugh - 30 Rock GIF - Lizlemon Tinafey 30rock GIFs

    Hello everyone, my name is Jesenia Filpo, and I am a student here at Oswego University. I transferred to Oswego from Cayuga Community college after completing an Associate's degree of Applied Science in Criminal Justice. I am currently working towards completing a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice. After graduation, I hope to continue my education in behavioral science and explore the field of forensics. If I were to visualize myself working within the criminal justice system, I would have to conclude that the best fit for me would be doing research as a Forensic Criminologist. 

He Looks Like AMan Me GIF - HeLooksLikeAMan Me Ms GIFs


  I currently live in New York City, and my hobbies include reading, listening to music, surfing the internet, looking at artwork, cooking, and exercising from time to time. I have a dog named lily, she is a blue merle mix breed. My favorite sports teams to watch when I get a chance to are the Giants and Patriots for football, the Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets for basketball, and the Mets and Yankees for baseball. My favorite foods include pizza, different types of pasta dishes, and ice cream pie deserts.                                                       

Adventure Time Complicated GIF - AdventureTime Complicated GIFs

 

My thoughts on racial inequality and the Criminal Justice system are that some people do not experience racial injustice, and some do.  I believe that racism occurs in stages of discrimination and is often reflected in the way the laws are structured. There are states that have different laws and have to apply them in a way that will allow time for civil rest.


    In light of movements like #BlackLivesMatter, and #DefundThePolice following the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylors, I find that the climate change surrounding the criminal justice system to be similar to other public responses involving racism and violent crimes. Similar cases share the burden of racism and violence and at the same time also make apparent that a system of social caste exists as embedded pieces of strain that are sought out to challenge the structure of a society.  A moment that stood out to me was the Los Angelos riot following the beating of Rodney King (1992), which I found to be a bit similar to the Chauri-Chaura incident of 1922 that took place in India. Although it is not something that occurred in the United States, it showed that the struggle for social equality can be identified broadly on a global scale.


Galaxy Hypnotic GIF - Galaxy Hypnotic Nature GIFs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Racism in Criminal Justice : Repairing A Broken System

       My perspectives on racism in Criminal Justice stand are pretty much differential for matters pertaining to crime and deviance. In som...